All of the chILD diagnoses are rare and many doctors may not know much about how to diagnose or treat chILD. So it is important that you find a doctor that has experience with treating chILD patients or is willing to consult with a chILD specialist.
We work closely with the Children’s Interstitial and Diffuse Lung Disease Research Network (chILDRN), which is a group of dedicated physicians and researchers that are working to improve diagnosis and treatments for chILD and to find cures for this group of devastating lung diseases. Throughout this network, there are several chILD Centers that have multidisciplinary teams that have expertise in this specialized field and can provide the most up-to-date diagnostics and treatments. These centers are willing to see patients in the clinic and some will offer to consult with your child’s pulmonologist to manage their care.
If you do not live near a center or satellite, it is important that you find a local pediatric pulmonologist for your care and routine follow-ups. Identifying a good medical team is important in managing the chILD patient.
We are working on listing contact information for our Research Network centers. If you would like contact information for the centers not linked here or would like to be added as a center, please contact us.
chILD Centers of Excellence
These Centers have multidisciplinary teams that see a large number of chILD patients. They are also heavily involved in the chILD Research Network.
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Rady Children’s Hospital of San Diego
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Texas Children’s Hospital
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
These centers have research network physicians that are active in the research network.
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago-Aaron Hamvas
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital-Amit Agerwal
- Brenner Children’s Hospital Wake Forest-Adam Gower
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles-Cheryl Lew
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital-Alan Brody (imaging)
- Georgia Pediatric Pulmonology Associates-Jon Popler
- John’s Hopkins Children’s Center-Larry Nogee
- Seattle Children’s Hospital-Gail Deutsch (Pathology)
- SickKids Hospital of Toronto-Sharon Dell