Families can improve their care-giving capabilities by learning more about chILD disorders. This web site offers a wealth of information, and more is being added all the time.
- Check out the Living with chILD section nearby, as well as the What is chILD and Research sections.
- We are continuously trying to create and update informational brochures about specific diagnoses. Many of these are linked to the chILD Disorders pages in the “What is chILD” section.
Here are a few informative papers and presentations from some of the leading physicians and researchers dedicated to the study and treatment of chILD:
- What is chILD: The Spectrum of Children’s Interstitial Lung Diseases By Martha Fishman, MD, Boston Hospital, 2017
- An Official American Thoracic Society Clinical Practice Guideline: Classification, Evaluation, and Management of Childhood Interstitial Lung Disease in Infancy By Geoffrey Kurland, MD, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 2013
- New Coding in the International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, for Children’s Interstitial Lung DiseaseBy Popler, Lesnick, Dishop and Deterding, CHEST Topics in Practice Management, 2013
- Diagnostic Approach to chILD, Treatment and Future Directions By Alicia Casey, MD, Boston Children’s Hospital, 2017
- DME 101: A guide to medical equipment commonly used for children with lung diseases By Virginia C. Dimakis, RN, BSS, Interstitial Lung Disease Program, Boston Children’s Hospital